Windows 11 has now officially launched worldwide now on 5th October. Compared to Windows 10, Windows 11 has more features and a more refined look.
However, Microsoft has made some changes in the system requirements to Windows 11. So, if you are planning to install Windows 11, make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to run Windows 11.
Even if your pc meets the minimum requirements, still there is one thing in which you definitely get lagged and that is, TPM (Trusted Platform Module). It is a kind of chip that is installed on your motherboard.
If you are the lucky one and your motherboard has TPM installed on it, then there will be no issue installing windows 11. But if you fall under the second category of users whose motherboards are old and don’t contain TPM, then this article is for you.
In this article, we are going to provide you with 3 methods that will help you to bypass this one system requirement of windows 11. But must ensure that you fulfill other windows 11 requirements provided by Microsoft.
Just read this article till the end and follow all of the given steps carefully. If you do this, then till the end of this article, you will have windows 11 installed on your system. So without wasting more time, let’s get started…
Windows 11 Minimum System Requirements
Find out the system requirements set by Microsoft in order to continue with this article. Make sure you attain all of them except one (TPM):
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics.
- Internet connection: Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.
Check Whether Your System Has TPM or Not!
TPM is not a thing everyone knows about. Most of the people came to know about it after Microsoft revealed system requirements for windows 11. There are some cases in the market where some users have TPM installed on their motherboards but they don’t know about that.
You May Also Like: Microsoft Silently Installing PC Health Check App on Windows 10 PCs
So the same case might be there with you. So it’s worth checking manually whether your system has TPM or not. To do this, just follow these simple steps.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R on your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog box.
- On the RUN dialog box, enter tpm.msc and hit the Enter button.
- This will open the Trusted Platform Module settings. You need to look at the Status and TPM Manufacturer information.
How To Bypass TPM On Windows 11
You are still reading this article means your system doesn’t have a TPM installed. No worries! Just continue with this article till the end and you will have windows 11 installed on your system. Follow 3 methods given below one by one and try installing the new operating system then:
1. Create a Windows 11’s TPM Bypass Script
In this method, we will create a simple script that will allow you to upgrade to Windows 11, even if your motherboard doesn’t have TPM. But, first, follow the steps shared below.
- First of all, open a web browser and open this Github page. Now scroll down to the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd
- Now you need to copy all the code to create a script file.
- On your Windows 10 computer, open a Notepad and paste the code you have copied.
- Now save the file as disable-tpm-check.cmd on your desktop.
- Double click on the file you have created and click on the Yes button on the UAC dialog box.
- Now a PowerShell window will open.
That’s it! This will bypass the TMP check on your system. You can now install Windows 11 on your system through Windows updates or ISO. If this method doesn’t work for you, then move to the next one!
2. Bypass TMP check via MediaCreationTool
If you prefer to clean install Windows 11 rather than an upgrade, you need to rely on AveYo’s Universal MediaCreationTool. Here’s what you need to do.
- First of all, open your web browser and navigate to this Github page.
- Now scroll down and download the MediaCreationTool.zip file.
- Now extract the zip file that you have downloaded and copy the MediaCreationTool.bat on a safe folder.
- Now you need to run the MediaCreationTool.bat file on your system.
- Now you will be asked to select the MCT Version. Here you need to select 11 as the MCT version.
- In the next window, you will be asked to select either Create USB or Create ISO. If you wish to create a bootable USB device, click on Create USB option.
- Now you will see the Windows 10 setup wizard. Here you need to select the USB Flash drive option.
- On the next Window, select the Removable drive and click on the Next button.
- Now the Media Creation tool will download Windows 11 from Microsoft’s servers. It will say ‘Downloading Windows 10’, but it will be downloading Windows 11.
You May Also Like: Windows Defender Alternatives – Top 5 Antivirus Programs To Use!
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can bypass Windows 11 TPM requirement by using a modified MediaCreation tool. If this method again does not work for you and you still have the hope, then proceed with the final method below!
3. Exchange Files With Windows 10
This method will definitely work for you as I have tried it personally. Here, we will exchange one file with windows 10. You will need four things to continue with this method – Windows 10 ISO, Windows 11 ISO, USB Drive (bootable), and WinRAR. After getting ready with these files and utilities, follow below-given steps:
- Extract both ISO files in your system.
- Open Windows 11 extracted ISO and go to Sources folder and find out the largest file here named install.wmv.
- Delete this file.
- Now go to Windows 10 extracted ISO folder and go to Sources folder again and copy down the largest file (install.wmv.) from here.
- Now paste this copied file in Windows 11 extracted ISO folder’s Sources folder.
- Now copy down all content of Windows 11 folder and paste in USB drive.
You are done now! Just restart your system and continue the installation procedure!
So these are the top 3 methods that will help you out to install windows 11 on your computer/laptop. Hope you have successfully installed the new operating system on your PC. If you have any queries regarding the procedure or anything not worked for you, then do let us know in the comment section and keep visiting KMSpico for more amazing how-to guides.