MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier assigned to the network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. It is given to a network adapter when it’s created. Many users confuse between MAC and IP Addresses; however, both of them are entirely different.
Just for clearing your doubt, a MAC address is meant for local identification, whereas an IP Address is for global identification. It cannot be changed but IP Addresses can be changed at any time.
According to the definition, “MAC” stands for Media Access Control, and is also known as a Physical Address. It is a unique set of letters and numbers that identifies your network card and computer.
You May Also Like: How to Bypass Windows 11’s TPM Requirements (3 Methods)
It is a unique ID assigned to every internet-connected machine that allows it to be identified when connected to a specific network.
How to find mac address in windows 10/11
If you are looking for ways to find the MAC Address on your Windows 10 or Windows 11, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to share the 3 best methods that you can apply in order to get to know your mac address anytime. So without wasting more time, let’s get started…
1. Find MAC Address via Network Settings
In order to apply this method, we will use the Network Settings options to find the MAC Address of network adapters. So, follow some of the simple steps shared below:
- First of all, click on the Windows 10 Start button and select Settings.
- On the Settings, click on the Network & Internet option.
- On the right pane, click on the Status option.
- On the left, scroll down and click on the View hardware and connection properties option.
- On the next page, note down the Physical Address. That’s your MAC address.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can find out MAC Addresses on Windows computers.
2. Find MAC Address via Control Panel
You can also use the Windows 10/11 Control Panel to find out your MAC address. So, follow some of the simple steps shared below.
- First of all, open the Windows 10 search and type in Control Panel. Then, open Control Panel from the list.
- On the Control Panel, click on the View network status and tasks under the Network and Internet.
- On the next Window, click on the connected network.
- On the pop-up Window, click on the Details option.
- In the Network Connection Details window, you need to note down the Physical Address.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can find out MAC Addresses via Control Panel.
3. Find MAC Address via Command Prompt
In this method, we will use the Command Prompt utility to find out the MAC Address. So, follow some of the simple steps shared below.
- First of all, click on the Windows search and type in CMD. Open Command Prompt from the list.
- On the command prompt, enter ipconfig /all
- Under the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection section, look for the “Physical Address”. This is your MAC Address. It is listed as series of 12 digits, listed as the Physical Address (00:1A:C2:7B:00:47, for example). Each network adapter (wireless, Ethernet, etc.) has a separate MAC address.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can find out MAC Address on your Windows 10/11 via Command Prompt.
So this is how you can find out your mac address in windows 10/11. As you can see, it is so easy that you can do it in a fraction of seconds. Just follow the given simple steps carefully and you will have your mac address in front of your eyes.
That’s it for today. Hope you have liked this article & if you do so, then do share it with your friends and keep visiting KMSpico for more interesting articles like this one.